Friday, April 26, 2013

Gifts of Simplicity


Father God – my Creator, my Protector, my Healer – I am so grateful.

I am grateful for life, protection, and healing.  I am grateful for the ability to continue my education, work, and start a new life with my husband.

I am in awe of the simple things, those gifts I used to take for granted: walking, jogging, running, jumping, reaching, lifting, driving, moving, breathing…

When my ears hear the sound of my husband’s voice, this neck turns my eyes to his face.

These arms hold my first nephew, as they will hold future nephews and nieces, while this neck bends to give his beautiful face Eskimo kisses.

When one of my Bible club kids speaks to me, these legs sit crisscross-applesauce on the floor with him or her and this neck throws my head back as that child makes me laugh.

These fingers touch black and white keys, these hands create chords, and these arms reach octaves when this brain tells this neck to move and make life flow out of a piano.

Movement.  Life. 

"But you, O LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high."  Psalm 3:3


No comments:

Post a Comment